Our blog is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Thank you for your support!
One of the most common problems faced by environmentally responsible people with a taste for traveling is power backup. Thankfully, the eco-friendly camping solar panels come as a relief for all your recharge needs.
It takes multiple trials to pick the right renewable energy source for your RV. However, the process takes time and money to experiment with different panels before selecting one.
The good news is that you can rely on the reviews for the best camping solar panels. Having said that, take a look at the following article that offers the best-reviewed camping solar panels.
If that’s not enough, skim through the elaborative buying guide that is sure to answer all your questions.
Read on for our expert reviews of the best camping solar panels available. Check the latest prices to ensure you get a great deal!
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 7 Best Camping Solar Panels
- 2.1 1. BLUETTI Solar Panel for Camping
- 2.2 2. TWELSEAVAN Portable Solar Panel for Power Station
- 2.3 3. DOKIO 110W 18V Portable Foldable Solar Panel Kit
- 2.4 4. Renogy 200 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Off Grid Portable Solar Suitcase
- 2.5 5. Topsolar SolarFairy Foldable Solar Panel
- 2.6 6. GVSHINE Solar Pendant Lighting System for Camping
- 2.7 7. Jackery SolarSaga 60W Solar Panel for Summer Camping
- 3 Camping Solar Panel Buying Guide
- 3.1 What are the Kinds of Solar Panels You Can Choose From?
- 3.2 How Do These Camping Solar Panels Function?
- 3.3 Where Can You Use Your Portable Solar Panels?
- 3.4 What are the Benefits You Receive With Panels During Camping?
- 3.5 How to Clean Your Camping Solar Panels?
- 3.6 In A Nutshell
Our Top Picks
BLUETTI Solar Panel for Camping
TWELSEAVAN Portable Solar Panel for Power Station
DOKIO 110W 18V Portable Foldable Solar Panel Kit
Renogy 200 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Off Grid Portable Solar Suitcase
Topsolar SolarFairy Foldable Solar Panel
GVSHINE Solar Pendant Lighting System for Camping
Jackery SolarSaga 60W Solar Panel for Summer Camping
7 Best Camping Solar Panels
1. BLUETTI Solar Panel for Camping
If you keep traveling to remote locations and require a high-output resource, Bluetti is the right choice for you. Not only can these panels work in low light, but they also offer wide-range generator compatibility.
Take a look at its top-notch features!
These panels support a variety of generators to store power with MC**4 connectors. You can attach these cells with both the Bluetti and other storage alternators to extract electricity. Besides, the charging duration is very low, so your generator can get your energy refill in a small duration.
With a fold size of 20.7×20.5 inches, you can take your camping panels to any location without hassle. These cells are compact. Therefore, you can pack them with your other trekking essentials like another suitcase.
Both the IP65 verification and the ETFE material ensure that your camping solar panels don’t face the weather’s wrath. Besides, the laminate technology in these cells makes the entire structure more robust.
High Conversion Efficiency
Bluetti prides itself in creating an efficiency giant like SP200. These panels exhibit a high output potential of 23.5% more than a standard cell. So, now you can take your RVs to any location without worrying about the cellphone discharge.
Moreover, with the 95% transmission rate, you can rest assured of minimal energy loss.
- High conversion efficiency
- Reduce power wastage
- Robust material offering long-lasting service
- Provide power supply even in areas with low light conditions
- Compact panels add to the overall portability
- The ideal charging time may fluctuate on the basis of light availability and panel angle
2. TWELSEAVAN Portable Solar Panel for Power Station
From easy mounting on all the surfaces to withstand harsh weather, the portable power station by TWELSEAVAN ensures a consistent supply.
If you find outdoor activities irresistible, you will enjoy the company of these reliable and convenient solar cells.
Industrial Strength Polymer
The surface of the panels is made with highly durable and weather tolerant industrial-strength polymer. Besides, the back of these cells carries polyester canvas.
Your monocrystalline energy source will stay with you for as long as your desire to travel persists.
Smart Charging Technology
These panels carry innovative technology to supply power to your appliances directly. With 1 DC port and 3 USB terminals, all your devices can be recharged without any power regulation.
The solar panel is smart enough to modulate the electricity supply as per the gadgets’ requirements to prevent damage.
Different DC Connectors
Anderson cable, MC4, DC adapters – name it, and you will find these connectors in the panel. With the availability of such a range, these cells make for one of the most compatible solutions for power generation.
The adjustable kickstands add to the overall output of the panels. Essentially, the tilt of the cells ensures maximum radiation absorption. With the flexible backrests, you can change the angle of these cells to receive irradiance.
- Highly compatible with different gadgets
- Compact and travel-friendly design
- Durable material and portable
- The junction box inside the panel doesn’t come with any weather protection
3. DOKIO 110W 18V Portable Foldable Solar Panel Kit
One of the most convenient and high-end solar panels comes from Dokio. The lightweight and innovative cells ensure that your camping trips are never without a power source. Additionally, you can even get rid of your electricity mismatch loss with these panels in your RV. If that doesn’t convince you, skim through the following features and choose for yourself.
With only a 1.5-inch thickness, your solar panels can offer great portability. Additionally, these cells can be used straight out of the box. So, all you need to carry on your trips is a lightweight solar suitcase kit for electricity supply.
The innovative PWM charging technology in the panels ensures that your journey remains safe. With the hi-tech design, you get protection from reverse polarity, short circuits, overcharging, and even reverse current. So, you get to use the power station for an even longer duration.
Great Power Efficiency
The panels are adept at reducing the mismatch loss. Additionally, the monocrystalline material offers higher output than usual. So, now your electricity requirements will not cost a bomb.
On top of this, the higher power efficiency gets amplified with proper sun exposure.
Brilliant Post-Purchase Support
All the products from the brand come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. On top of this, you get a 1-year warranty for solar panels. Besides, the company also offers excellent lifelong support for all or any cell-related queries.
- Advanced charging technology in the panels prevents energy leakage
- Great customer service for the solar cells ensures quicker resolution
- Lightweight structure and compact design make the panels highly travel-friendly
- Offers greater energy efficiency for a longer electricity supply
- There are no kickstands or back support to maintain the angle of exposure of these panels
4. Renogy 200 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Off Grid Portable Solar Suitcase
If you want an all-inclusive deal for a solar panel, Renogy solar panels can be your traveling companion. This solar panel will let you keep the energy levels up without hassles, no matter the battery type. Here are some of its unmissable characteristics!
The solar panels come with advanced PMW technology, ensuring a stable and secure electricity supply.
Additionally, the intelligent Voyager controller provides multiple protection to the battery and keeps your setup safe. From reverse polarity to over-current, your solar energy setup is safe from all.
The Grade A+ solar cells come with adjustable kickstands that offer back support and ensure proper light exposure.
On top of this, the multi-layered sheet laminations provide durability and enhanced performance. So, you can store the folded panels like a suitcase to carry around in your wildest of adventures.
Plug and Play Kit
The solar panels offer ease of usage. You can attach the alligator clips in the kit to the battery and start using it right off the box. So, now you can fulfill your energy expenditure without worrying about the tedious apparatus.
With bypass diodes inside the junction box, now your power drops will be at the lowest. Essentially, the solar panels absorb radiation even in low-light conditions to provide excellent performance.
- Ease of usage in low-light conditions
- Solar kit comes with all the hardware to use the setup without any wiring or operational arrangement
- Small design of the panels ensures high portability
- Great functionality in outdoor spaces
- Voyager charge controller is an excellent addition to regulating the flow of electricity for damage protection
- The 36lbs weight can make it difficult for one person to carry without a vehicle
5. Topsolar SolarFairy Foldable Solar Panel
The magazine-sized solar panels are effortless and convenient to use as the power backup for emergency usage during outdoor activities. If you like to backpack in your spare time, these cells will be perfect for bringing your device charging needs.
The lightweight panels are indeed a blessing for trekkers and hikers.
The solar cells are easy and convenient to store and carry. These portable setups measure 10.6X7X1.8 in dimensions. So, you can pack them with your luggage or hold them on your back while walking.
The dual USB ports are designed to charge any device. Besides, the built-in IC gauges the requirement of every attached device to provide the electric supply.
So, you can remain at ease concerning the short circuit or power loss during recharge.
The monocrystalline silicon panel is highly elastic. On top of this, the front and back end of the panels are made with sturdy polymer. The material ensures that your cells’ flexibility doesn’t affect the overall weight structure.
The advanced laminated technology in the solar panels ensures that no humidity impacts the performance of your cells. You can wash these monocrystalline structures directly to get rid of dirt and dust.
So, your phone will never run out of charge, even on the longest of your treks.
- The USB rechargeable ports offer a direct charging facility to the devices during an emergency
- The flexible material provides ease of storage and portability to the solar panels
- The compressed size of the cells avails you of the comfort of mobility and easy transportation
- These solar panels come with high multifunctionality so that you can attach them to the tents or backpacks alike
- The solar panels do not carry any storage device for electricity
6. GVSHINE Solar Pendant Lighting System for Camping
Do you prefer to carry minimum essentials on your trips? This 3-in-1 solar apparatus is the reliable option you need if you gave the nod.
With the lighting, charging, and power storage system in one, you can make space for other essential items on your next camping journey. Take a look at some of its top features.
GVShine is the ideal traveling buddy if you want a compact multipurpose device to fulfill your essential needs. These panels have a built-in battery, charging point, and 4 bulbs to ensure lighting.
These cells become a low-cost performance product with these features, so they are the perfect choice for you.
These power-packed cells take only 4-6 hours to generate electricity. The available power can light a bulb for up to 13 hours with the same amount.
So, these solar panels make for a highly reliable lighting source during emergencies such as a hurricane, snowstorms, sudden outages, etc.
Easy to Install
You can install these panels with minimal hardware.
Don’t worry. All you need is two screws to mount these on a hard surface. Essentially, these convenient panels require no wiring or maintenance for operation.
GVShine offers 365 days of free replacement if you’re not satisfied with the product. On top of this, you get a 60-day money-back guarantee with solar panels.
So, your queries will meet quick resolution with their competent customer support services.
- The versatile solar kit can recharge, illuminate and store electricity all at the same time
- These panels are made with IP65-approved material for weather resistance and high durability
- The brilliant post-purchase service will help you replace and resolve issues with your panel installment
- These solar panels are relatively easy to install with minimal maintenance
- The power output of these panels varies in the absence of bright daylight
7. Jackery SolarSaga 60W Solar Panel for Summer Camping
Whether you’re a victim of power outages or just a regular travel vlogger, your devices need their recharge. Now, Jackery cells are capable of offering a powerful solution for your electricity needs even on the go.
Here are some of its top features that are sure to amaze you!
Easy to Carry
With only 6.6lbs weight, these solar panels are easy to carry along on your travel adventures. Besides, the TPE rubber handle with the laminated material of the case ensures no splashes can damage your power supply.
Compatible with Jackery Explorers
Whether you have Explorer 160 or 240, you can quickly charge them up with Solar Saga. In fact, all the Jackery devices are compatible to run with these panels except a few.
The support system of Jackery ensures that your panel gets adequate solar radiation for energy creation. You can lean the kickstands at any angle, which allows maximum sunlight exposure.
The monocrystalline solar cells offer a conversion efficiency of 23%, which is more than what your regular panels provide. Besides, you can charge two devices simultaneously with these backup options.
- These solar cells can get the entire power station within 5.5 hours
- The flexible kickstands provide the title for maximum solar radiation absorption
- The hi-tech Solar Saga is made keeping compatibility with other Jackery devices in mind
- The ultralight and compact solar cells are easy to use and carry
- These solar panels will not charge every generator, especially Explorer 440 or Power Pro
Camping Solar Panel Buying Guide
So, you know all about the best available camping solar panels now. However, there are a few components that shouldn’t skip your attention. Here’s how you can figure out your solar panel requirement better!
Hopefully, you can make an informed decision after going through the following guide.
What are the Kinds of Solar Panels You Can Choose From?
Your choice of solar panels will vary on the basis of your purpose to use them. Precisely, you need the power backup which meets your criteria for consumption. You can take your pick from:
Foldable Solar Panels
The foldable solar panels are one of the most efficient compact power backup options. Basically, the material used in these cells is elastic enough to withstand the harsh weather.
At the same time, the designs of these setups offer you an optimum electricity supply during outdoor activities.
Rigid Solar Kits
The sturdy solar panels are great for the people who want these apparatus to stay in a place. These kits offer an all-in-one electricity supply source with a battery, controller, and cells.
Since the setup comes with all the essential attachments, shifting can appear a bit daunting. Essentially, if you’re a traveler, you need to look for other alternatives.
Backpacking Camping Panels
If you’re looking for a hassle-free travel buddy, these camping solar panels are a perfect choice for backpacks. They offer out-of-the-box power backup support, and they don’t need any wiring or high maintenance for optimum operation.
How Do These Camping Solar Panels Function?
The camping solar panels are the portable variants of the regular power backup options. Much like the normal cells, this setup absorbs solar radiation and converts it into electricity.
These camping solar panels contain photovoltaic cells with different layers of silicon. As soon as the sun’s rays fall on these cells, they create an electric field. Now, the same is transferred to a device or a battery using a metal strip.
Unlike the standard solar panels, not all camping alternatives have a battery. So, they transfer power directly to the attached device. The charge controller with these panels regulates the flow of electricity to the appliance.
The innovation in the technology used ensures that there is no damage to your device while charging. To maintain the same, a built-in chip is installed which controls the electricity flow.
Where Can You Use Your Portable Solar Panels?
As good as these compact panels are for traveling, they can be used in more than one way!
- You can use them as your power backup device on the move.
- These solar panels are strong enough to recharge a laptop.
- A low-wattage camping panel can bring your tablets and iPads to life.
- You can even use them to jump-start your car when the battery goes off.
- These camping solar panels can even heat up the water in far-off areas.
- If your RV has a small fridge, you can use these cells to supply electricity to the appliance.
- You can utilize these panels as electricity backup in sudden power outages during rough weather.
What are the Benefits You Receive With Panels During Camping?
Camping solar setups are a boon for travelers. If you’re an adventure junkie, you must have the power backup option in your packing list because:
They offer a consistent power supply
The camping solar panels are designed for high-efficiency output. The advanced technology ensures that your power supply never gets restricted, even in remote areas.
If you get low light on your panels, they will be able to generate and store electricity for future uses. Besides, the warranty on these setups is usually for the long term.
So, if you are not frequently traveling, you can still use them in your day-to-day life.
They are eco-friendly
It goes without saying that solar panels are environmentally friendly choices for electricity generation. The grid power supply creates tonnes of carbon emissions. Higher reliance on the same damages the ecosystem.
That’s why the switch to the solar option is cost-friendly and sustainable.
They provide a cost-efficient power supply
With no expense on transmission or on-grid system, your electricity bills receive a huge decline. Since these camping solar panels are self-sufficient devices, you can receive your backup with little to no maintenance.
All in all, your pocket gets some relief while you get your consumption requirements met.
They’re fantastic for emergency usage
Does your area face power outages often? If that’s the problem your region has, you can rely on these camping panels for emergency backup.
This apparatus can not only help you get your phones recharged but also run essential appliances.
How to Clean Your Camping Solar Panels?
Even though the solar panels don’t need much maintenance, regular cleaning ensures that you get the best performance.
Dirt and dust are the most common factors which prevent your panels from providing high output. Essentially, the entire setup works on the photovoltaic process, relying on sunrays’ absorption.
In the presence of any debris on the cells, the panels can’t generate an electric field. To ensure that your camping panels do not give up in the middle of your journey, you must:
- Monitor the apparatus frequently to check if there’s a loose wire or battery leakage.
- Keep a tab on the overall performance and see to it if you notice a drop.
- Clean the surface of the panels on a weekly basis to ensure proper functioning.
- Ensure that you follow the maintenance tips given with the solar kit for overall efficiency.
- Keep in mind to avoid the harsh chemicals that can damage the upper layer of silicon cells.
- Dish soap mix with warm water is the safest cleaning option for your panels.
- You must also keep in consideration the sensitivity of the panels to waterlogging to avoid shocks.
- Lastly, if nothing helps, it’s best to reach out to a professional for repairs and maintenance.
In A Nutshell
In the middle of nowhere, a drained phone battery is an absolute nightmare for every traveler. Camping solar panels are a huge relief to all the adventure lovers and emergency usages alike.
By investing in these setups, you can ensure a stress-free journey for a long time.
With that being said, it’s essential that you pick the right solar panel. You need to ensure that the cells can meet your daily energy requirements, and you must also consider the features a panel offers in the budget.
Now that you know about the best camping panels to pick from, it’s time to start traveling in your RV!