Our blog is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Thank you for your support!
Solar gate lights are necessary if you want a well-lit entrance to your house or garden.
In addition to this, they also enhance the aesthetic value of the front view of your house. They not only glow throughout the night without any power source but also save on electricity.
Due to their nature of working, they are wireless, easy to set up, and hassle-free.
Solar lighting options have opened many opportunities for consumers looking for intelligent lighting solutions. There are a variety of brands that cater to these requirements.
Today’s consumers rely on the internet to compare various options before deciding on the option that suits their needs the best. If you are looking to invest in solar gate lights, this article will help simplify your choices.
Read on for our expert reviews of the best solar gate lights available. Check the latest prices to ensure you get a great deal!
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 5 Best Solar Gate Lights
- 3 Solar Gate Light Buying Guide
Our Top Picks
KUFUNG 48 LED Lamp
Kolpop 6 Pack Solar Lights
Home Zone Security Solar Flood Lights
AmeriTop Security LED Flood Light
Otdair Solar Wall Lantern
5 Best Solar Gate Lights
1. KUFUNG 48 LED Lamp
Wireless and minimalistic. The KUFUNG solar gate lights come in packs of 2 and provide various benefits, making them a viable option. They are available in two sizes – medium and large. You can mix and match in different combinations depending on your needs.
Give a clean and elegant look to the exterior of the house. It can be used as gate lights and also for the garage entrances.
Flexible Angle Adjustment
The model is designed with two active joints. Each of these is capable of allowing rotation up to 180-degrees. This allows the fixture to be angled to the extent of your choice. Upon securing the joints with screws, the institution is very stable and efficient.
High-sensitivity photosensitive device
This solar gate floodlight model is equipped with high quality and is highly photosensitive. It can detect movement between 10-25 feet with an impressive range of 120 degrees. This provides you with the utmost safety in the dark and protection from intruders.
Solar panels with higher efficiency
The model uses polysilicon solar panels. They are known to have up to 1.2-1.25 times higher efficiency in conversion when compared to traditional solar panels. They are also waterproof, which makes them suitable for rainy days.
It has a 2200MAH built-in rechargeable battery. This enables longer working hours when compared to other products.
The compact and wireless design makes it very easy to install. It does not require any wiring or the use of special tools. It is heat resistant making it the perfect fit for your outdoor patio, deck, garden, yard, fence, and outside wall.
Enabled with 3 working modes
There are 3 modes available with this model. All the modes are automatically activated.
- Mode 1: Switches to bright light output for 15 seconds when motion is detected. Post this; it automatically goes back to the dim light setting.
- Mode 2: Provides bright light when motion is detected for 15 seconds. After this, it gets turned off until the subsequent activity is detected.
- Mode 3: This is the “Always On” mode. Provides bright light output throughout.
- Has flexible heads that can be angled based on the requirement
- Solar panels used are known to provide higher efficiency and thus work longer hours at the night
- Easy to install. Requires no special tools.
- Heat resistant, which makes it suitable for outdoor use
- No IP rating means that the product is not designed to be resistant to extremely harsh weather conditions
2. Kolpop 6 Pack Solar Lights
The Kolpop solar lights have a modern floodlight design and are available as a pack of 6 lights. Motion sensor-enabled and best suited for the house exteriors. Have multiple modes that can be used based on the requirement. Provides adequate illumination.
Ultra-bright light output
Kolpop solar lights are equipped with an impressive 100 LEDs. Owing to a large number of LEDs, this model provides you with extensive coverage in terms of area (approximately 30 square meters). It comes as a pack of 6, which is sufficient to light up your front door, backyard, garden area, and deck.
It is fitted with a 1800MAH Li-ion battery. This powers the lights effectively. The lights can quickly light up for 8-10 hours upon a full-day charge. This provides safety through the night effectively.
This model is equipped with IP65 waterproof technology. This makes it more weather resistant. They are designed to withstand various weather conditions and function effectively even in harsh weather conditions such as snow and heavy rainfall.
Enabled with 3 working modes
These lights have robust motion sensors and can detect movement up to 10-16 feet. Comes with 3 different light intensity modes to match your requirements.
- Mode 1: Medium-brightness
- Mode 2: Low light induction mode
- Mode 3: Induction lighting mode
- Makes for a great gift as it adds aesthetic value and life to the exteriors
- Has multiple modes to choose from depending on the requirement
- A larger battery enable more extended working capacity when compared to other options
- Has IP65 Rating, which makes it resistant to harsh weather conditions
- Does not have a flexible design, due to which it cannot be angled as required
3. Home Zone Security Solar Flood Lights
Home Zone lights are predominantly meant for security purposes. They are designed with ultimate coverage and have 180 LEDs. This offers extreme bright illumination and provides safety against intruders and burglars.
It is easy to set up and has multiple adjustable settings to customize it to your needs. It can be used over garage entrances and other entrance points to provide security.
The model offers a complete 180 degrees range of motion detection. It provides coverage up to 49 ft. in terms of distance of luminescence. This provides greater visibility and offers maximum security in the dark.
Each fixture has three adjustable light heads capable of emitting warm light up to 1800 lumens of 3500K. The product has attachable solar panels which efficiently recharge the batteries. These solar panels come with an extra-long 15 ft. cord which makes charging the battery convenient irrespective of the placing.
During the day, no wiring is required to recharge the batteries. The batteries are self-powered by the sunlight. They are designed with a slide-in back mounting panel, making it easy and hassle-free during installation.
Variety of adjustable modes
There are various adjustable motion sensor settings options available with the product. You can choose from three timer settings, namely 30s, 60s, and 120s. A test mode enables you to test the working upon installation. In addition to this, it also has the option of manual override to keep them on throughout the day or night as per your needs.
- Comes with a warranty for 1-year post-purchase. You can also avail of product support in case of any repairs or complaints.
- Timer option to limit use depending on need
- Wide range of coverage and flexibility
- Easy to use slide-in mounting panel
- No IP rating means that the product is not designed to be resistant to extremely harsh weather conditions
4. AmeriTop Security LED Flood Light
The AmeriTop Security lights are brighter and long-lasting compared to other brands in the market. The product quality and make offers efficient lighting and safety.
It is easy to install and requires no wiring. It is highly resistant to harsh weather conditions, making it durable. It comes as a pack of 2. Each piece comprises 5 adjustable heads, thus offering comprehensive coverage.
This model houses 300 LEDs built into its three head design. Each of them is super powerful and high-end. Together it produces an output of up to 7000K brightness. It is fitted with polycrystalline silicon solar panels, providing superior conversion rates and higher output.
Ultra smart motion sensor
The intelligent motion sensor can detect motion up to a 26 ft. radius. This provides ultimate coverage and security at night. The lights are automatically activated when movement is detected within this range. The light remains on if there is a movement within the field. If not, the light switches off automatically in 30 seconds.
Wide lighting area
It has an innovative triple head design. These adjustable heads can move flexibly and cover a wide angle of up to 270 degrees. It covers a range of 16ft. – 26 ft. the heads and motions sensor can be adjusted to various angles depending on your requirement.
Superior weather resistance
Made of ABS material which is known for its durability. Has an IP65 rating which ensures that it is waterproof. It is highly resistant to a range of harsh weather conditions, providing long life and protection.
- Made of sturdy acrylonitrile butadiene styrene and metal, which makes it sturdy
- The IP65 rating makes it resistant to extreme weather conditions
- Adjustable heads which provide more excellent coverage and options
- Does not have multiple modes to choose from. Hence can only be used on its default setting.
5. Otdair Solar Wall Lantern
The Otdair wall lantern is available as a pack of 2. Equipped with 120 LEDs, it provides excellent coverage and lights the exterior of your house. It is manufactured with an enhanced solar panel, making it more efficient and long-lasting when compared to other brands.
Has an enhanced motion sensor that provides greater security from intruders. It is resistant to extreme weather conditions and hence lasts longer.
Enhanced PIR Motion Inductor
It is equipped with three distinct modes driven by its susceptible motion sensor.
- Mode 1: Security mode wherein the lights are turned on only when motion is detected.
- Mode 2: In the model, the lights come on at night and remain active till morning.
- Mode 3: Smart brightness mode wherein the light is on throughout the night but at a lower intensity. When movement is detected, the brightness increases.
High-efficiency solar panel
The solar cells used are made of monocrystalline silicon. The conversion rate of energy is as high as 20.5%. This means this model has up to 15% more power when compared to other similar models in the market.
Wider angle and ample coverage lighting
It is equipped with 120 LEDs which offers superior output. In addition to this, it has 270 degrees comprehensive coverage which provides you with a good coverage area. It gives illumination coverage up to 30 square meters, thereby offering extreme safety in the dark.
The model has an IP65 rating which makes it highly waterproof. It is resistant to extreme weather conditions and made of durable plastic, ensuring long life.
- Extremely durable and resistant to harsh weather conditions
- Fitted with 120 LEDs which gives high illumination
- Covers a large radius ensuring adequate safety
- Comes with a warranty for 1-year post-purchase
- Highly resistant to corrosion, water, and damage, thus ensuring long life
- It is not adjustable due to which the angle of lighting cannot be altered based on the requirement
Solar Gate Light Buying Guide
If you are in the market for a new set of solar gate lights, then you have come to the right place! In this buying guide, we will discuss the factors that you should keep in mind when purchasing solar gate lights. We will also provide answers to some common questions about these lights. So, let’s get started!
What are Solar Gate Lights?
Solar gate lights are outdoor items that improve the safety, aesthetics, and convenience of the entrance to a property.
These lights are powered through solar energy with the use of solar panels. Usually, these gate lights are easy to install and operate.
What are the Advantages of Solar Gate Lights?
In addition to their eco-friendly nature, solar gate lights have many pros.
- Much lower long term running costs
- They are powered by the sun, which is an unlimited natural resource
- Wiring and auxiliary power sources are not needed
- Solar gate lights are available in a wide variety of designs
- The gate lights do not require a lot of maintenance.
- Water resistance and IP ratings are critical features of most solar gate lights.
Solar gate lights are perfect and hassle-free replacements for expensive conventional lighting systems. Modern solar gate lights prove to be an excellent investment due to their ability to pay for themselves via savings on power costs.
Can we Use Solar Gate Lights in Areas with Extreme Weather?
Solar gate lights from brands with repute are weatherproof. So, they can be installed in regions with heavy weather like rainstorms and snowfall. Ensuring that these gate lights are constructed from high-grade materials will help them withstand hail, snow, and rain.
The major challenge in regions with heavy weather will be the consistent supply of sunlight. Therefore, it is wise to install solar gate lights with higher battery capacities for adequate energy storage and backup.
Factors to Keep in Mind When Purchasing Solar Gate Lights
Solar gate lights usually come built-in with three types of panels — polycrystalline, monocrystalline, and amorphous.
Polycrystalline and amorphous panels are less efficient but are affordable. On the other hand, monocrystalline panels, while comparatively more expensive, are much better at energy conversion than the other two.
A suitable solar gate light must be chosen, considering the use case. It is, however, beneficial to buy solar gate lights with monocrystalline solar panels.
Always check out the ‘mAh’ rating of solar gate lights. Make sure to pick solar gate lights with adequate battery capacity. Lights with at least 800 mAh of capacity should prove sufficient.
However, some solar gate lights available in the market are not battery powered; this means that they will only work while there is sunlight. Hence, it is vital to buy models that have an in-built battery. After all, you need a storage element to gather the sun’s energy.
Usually, three different batteries are used in these lights – Lithium-Ion, NiMH, and NiCad. Lithium-ion batteries are the most popular choice as they have higher capacities while still being relatively small.
Output and Brightness
In technical terms, the brightness and intensity of light fixtures are measured in lumens. The higher the lumens, the brighter the light.
Considering the brightness and light output is vital in picking a solar gate light. Most customers find that solar gate lights with 300 lumens or higher brightness are sufficient.
However, we suggest that you look at solar gate lights with a brightness higher than 500 lumens.
Design and Look
Solar gate lights are available in various designs and shapes. Circular, square, angular, flood light — the choices are endless.
You should select solar gate lights that suit your house’s architecture. The size of the lights concerning the entrance is also an important factor while making your choice.
For instance, gate lights with a modern aesthetic will look out of place in buildings with older French architecture, and Gate lights that are too small will not look significant at a large entrance.
Lousy weather and external contaminants are always hazards to all outdoor equipment. The same goes for solar gate lights as well. Make sure to purchase and install gate lights that are built to last.
High-quality raw materials ensure water, dust, heat, and snow resistance. So, always purchase gate lights made of such materials.
Generally, gate lights made from ABS, stainless steel, aluminum, and polycarbonate are good choices.
Having an IP rating or Ingress protection rating for a product is proof that it can withstand dust, water, and other particulate contamination.
If you compare popular models of solar gate lights, almost every model has an IP rating. An IP-rated product has proven resistance to water and other materials to varying degrees.
So, while choosing a solar gate light, ensure you buy a product with an IP rating. High-end models have an IP 65 rating and above.
However, depending on your utility and location, the need for a high IP rating can become optional. Still, be sure to choose a solar gate light with the appropriate IP rating.
- IP 44 Rating: The IP 44 rating assures resistance to low-velocity water sprays and solid particles. Still, they are not entirely waterproof. This rating ensures that you can position the gate lights at lower heights where they are not prone to heavy rain or snowfall. These kinds of lights are ideal at near road level.
- IP 65 Rating: An IP65 rating means that these solar gate lights are entirely dust-proof and are water-resistant to jets of water from all directions. These lights are ideal for areas with mild to moderate precipitation while still handling occasional heavy weather.
- IP 68 Rating: Solar gate lights with an IP68 rating are thoroughly water and dust-proof. These lights can be immersed in 3ft of water while holding their water tightness. These lights are the most suitable for areas with heavy inclement weather.
Mode of Operation
Solar gate lights come in an auto and manual switch in two different operation mode variants.
User intervention is not required in the auto switch variants and does not need to be operated via a mechanical switch. They are controlled via a light sensor, and this variant of solar gate lights automatically activates during the night.
On the other hand, user intervention is required in the case of manual switching variants wherein a physical switch needs to be turned ON and OFF, much like a conventional light.
Automatic lights add to the convenience of the user. Hence, if you do not have budget constraints, choosing auto-switching solar gate lights is always better.
Making sure that the entrance to your house and the outdoor space of your home are well-lit has multiple benefits. It provides your house with a pleasing look.
In addition to this, it also ensures safety and visibility at night. They help guard your house against intruders and burglars.
Solar gate lights are wireless and hence are super easy to mount. They require no power source, due to which they do not add to the electricity consumption as well. Today’s options are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions and last longer.
They come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and designs. This provides you with multiple choices to choose from to complement the aesthetics of your house. They are automatically activated and have various function modes, making them versatile and valuable to your house’s exteriors.