Our blog is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Thank you for your support!
Two crucial things you need to maintain as homeowners are security and finances.
We believe installing security cameras is the best way to keep a constant watch at your house. Do not worry, though; we’re not adding on to your expenses. Instead, we suggest installing solar-powered motion sensor security cameras to hit two birds with one stone.
Using solar-powered security cameras is dually light on your pocket.
Not only do they spare your utility bill, but they are also low-maintenance since the motion sensor is light on the solar battery.
So, are you ready to smartly take charge of your home security and expenses? We’ve reviewed ten of the best solar-powered motion security lights in this article for your buying convenience!
Read on for our expert reviews of the best solar powered motion security lights available. Check the latest prices to ensure you get a great deal!
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 10 Best Solar Powered Motion Security Lights
- 2.1 1. Himcity Solar Outdoor Lights
- 2.2 2. AmeriTop Solar Motion Sensor Lights
- 2.3 3. Baxia Technology BX-SL-101 Solar Security Motion Sensor Lights
- 2.4 4. LITOM Solar Security Lights for Front Door
- 2.5 5. DrawGreen Solar Motion Sensor Security Light
- 2.6 6. ATUPEN Solar Outdoor Lights
- 2.7 7. Biling Solar Security Motion Sensor Lights
- 2.8 8. Dimunt Wide Angle Solar Security Lights
- 2.9 9. Sunforce Solar Motion Light
- 2.10 10. Aootek Solar Security Lights
- 3 Solar Motion Security Light Buying Guide
- 3.1 What are Solar Powered Motion Security Lights?
- 3.2 How Do Solar Powered Motion Security Lights Work?
- 3.3 What Are the Benefits of Solar Powered Motion Security Lights?
- 3.4 How to Maintain Solar Powered Motion Security Lights?
- 3.5 Features to Look for in Solar Powered Security Lights
- 3.6 Final Verdict
Our Top Picks
Himcity Solar Outdoor Lights
AmeriTop Solar Motion Sensor Lights
Baxia Technology BX-SL-101 Solar Security Motion Sensor Lights
LITOM Solar Security Lights for Front Door
DrawGreen Solar Motion Sensor Security Light
ATUPEN Solar Outdoor Lights
Biling Solar Security Motion Sensor Lights
Dimunt Wide Angle Solar Security Lights
Sunforce Solar Motion Light
Aootek Solar Security Lights
10 Best Solar Powered Motion Security Lights
1. Himcity Solar Outdoor Lights
Front door lighting and security have never been easier than with the Himcity Solar Outdoor Lights. If you’re looking for the smartest and a feature-rich pendant solar-powered motion sensor security light, you shouldn’t look further.
Pendant lights have always been in all-rage because of their sleek design and spectacular light distribution. The blue and white patterns are perfect and mix into just about any home aesthetic.
You do not have to feel restricted to only one light style. That is because this light has a three-in-one mode wherein you can either opt for motion sensor lighting, permanent lighting, or hybrid smart lighting.
In the first mode, the light will only come to life when it senses motion, while in the second, it will stay lit all night, regardless of motion. The third mode is the smartest, wherein the light will stay on all night but will glow brighter when it detects movement.
The light’s solar panel is made of monocrystalline silicon solar cells, while the entire body is made of high-quality ABS plastic.
The light is resistant to corrosion, impact, water, and temperatures. Therefore, it is sure to last you for a long time. The solar panel’s construction allows it to achieve a conversation rate of 20.5%.
Although the light jumped on the bandwagon in construction and added to makes this light stand out. The 270 degree lightning angle allows the panel to absorb at least 15% more light and energy than its competitors, allowing better illumination and power utility.
- IP65 rating, along with heatproof plastic, allows the light to work in any weather
- The light is 15% more effective than other products with the same solar light time
- Extremely easy to set up and use due to lack of wires
- You can switch between any of the three modes according to the power consumption you prefer
- Made of only high-quality materials to ensure longevity
- If you constantly use the light on the second mode, it might not last a full winter night
2. AmeriTop Solar Motion Sensor Lights
The AmeriTop solar motion sensor lights are ideal for front gate security for their exceptional brightness. See motions and their causes as clearly as broad daylight, and do not worry about weathers and seasons with this modern style light.
Wide Angle Design
This light incorporates not only the wide-angle design for immense day-like light but also extensive solar energy absorption. This wide design increases the light’s surface area, allowing it to have a larger motion sensor area covering about 16-26 feet. The light’s design works as a productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness advantage.
Do not worry about the longevity of your outdoor light when it is made of materials meant to last. Made of ABS plastic, this light is completely corrosion-free, scratch and impact resistant. With an IP65 rating, this light will withstand water, rain, sleet, and snow without issues.
As a floodlight, this product has to be extremely illuminating. However, it is worth mentioning that the 128 bulbs can come together to offer 800 lumens of light. Therefore, no matter how minuscule the object of detection might be, this light will not miss it.
Smart On/Off Functions
The motion and light detection in these lights allow them to turn on as soon as it’s dark and there’s motion. No more will you waste precious energy throughout the day when there’s plenty of motion but no need for your floodlights to get triggered.
- Completely weather resistant with smart engineering and proper material utilization
- Exceptionally bright light with a large number of ultra-bright LED bulbs
- Wide-angle design for better light distribution and motion detection
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Smart on/off for more energy preservation
- The floodlights are great for large grounds but do not make sense for small properties
3. Baxia Technology BX-SL-101 Solar Security Motion Sensor Lights
Are you looking for an ideal motion sensor light that you can forget about when it’s not being used? Baxia technology BX-SL-101 Solar Security Motion Sensor Lights are the right choice for you.
Cozy Color Light
Most security lights are known to be too bright. So much so that even harmless motion can cause too much alarm. However, the powered 28 LED bulbs create a cozy spotlight that allows the commotion to be visible but not accused. That is ideal for day-to-day home security.
Once you have this light installed, you can stop worrying about light maintenance and replacement. The IP65 waterproof rating is ideal for resisting heavy rainfall and even snow. Moreover, the heat resistance allows care-free outdoor usage.
Excellent After-Sales Service
Baxia technology is known for its spectacular after-sales service that includes a 180-day limited guarantee and a 30-day full refund. Even though you might never need to avail of these offers, it’s good to have them for purchase security.
We are adamant about saving electricity, so why not save solar energy as well? This light consumes as little energy as possible while providing the service expected of it. It will not light up unnecessarily and preserve all the energy until the next time sunlight falls on the solar panel.
- Comfortable illumination ideal for patio, garden, outside wall, fence, etc.
- Weather resistance for extra durability
- Gets fully charged in only eight hours of sunlight exposure
- Excellent return policy
- Extremely eco-friendly and efficient
- Detects motion within the 3–5-meter range
- The light size is small, and the lumens it produces might be too soft for a single light to cover a large area
4. LITOM Solar Security Lights for Front Door
Even on a small budget, you can buy extra-durable LITOM Solar Security Lights and enjoy their several features. Never can you get so much with so little spent!
When you think of quality solar-powered motion sensor security lights, you will never imagine a product under $10, right? The LITOM Solar Security Light proves you wrong by providing the best and most durable performance at a minuscule price.
Three Security Light Modes
Much like high-end security lights, this product offers three security light features – motion sensing, always-on, and a mix of two. If you choose the first or third mode, the light will focus on the visible area for about 20 seconds after detecting motion – enough time to identify the cause of the commotion.
Even high-end lights will only last you for about a year and a half. However, this light will last you up to three years. The IP65 waterproof Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene structure along with a sound circuit and FCC certification assures you of that.
Bright and Wide
The design of the light is such that it is made to scatter light to a wider area without losing its brightness. If you use four lights simultaneously, you can manage to achieve about 800 sq. ft of well-lit area. The wide-angle design also increases the illumination area and effectiveness by at least 50%.
- Offers thee light sensing and security modes for the diverse customer base
- Easy to install at home without any professional help
- Made of high-quality ABS plastic with an IP65 waterproof rating
- Completely weather resistant and meant to last for a long period at ease
- Offers a large illumination and motion detection area
- The battery life might drop drastically after a year
5. DrawGreen Solar Motion Sensor Security Light
Suppose you’re looking for a light for the commercial or industrial area that offers as much visibility as possible. In that case, the DrawGreen Solar Motion Sensor Security Light is the product for you. Be light on your pocket and the environment with this security light with several handy features.
That is the light that will not have mercy on even the slightest of motion – ideal of some sensitive locations. As soon as it detects motion, it will shed 1400 lumens for a 45- to 60-meter distance at ease.
The smart light has an automatic energy-saving mode wherein the light will still work if the panel does not get solar exposure. All it does is reduce the brightness to sustain the limited energy for about three days. No more do you have to worry about your property going through a night without a security light.
Sensitive Motion Sensor
The high-quality PIR motion detector will detect motion at a distance of 20-26 feet at a 120o angle. Any motion detection will lead to the light getting brighter for about 20 seconds. Therefore, this light is ideal for driveways where you can read an approaching or departing car’s license plate quickly.
You can rotate both the light and panel at ease to an angle of your liking to adjust energy absorption. That is a rare feature in light of its price range.
- Ideal light for industrial and commercial areas
- The solar panel can be rotated to whatever angle it will absorb the most energy from
- The aluminum body can last for 3-5 years at ease
- Built-in power saver mode to keep your building covered even on rainy days
- Excellent return and guarantee policy
- Installation might get a little tricky for beginners
6. ATUPEN Solar Outdoor Lights
Most people prefer sticking to floodlights and for security, and we do not blame them. They are powerful, effective, and serve their purpose correctly. The ATUPEN Solar Outdoor Lights are the perfect example of ideal solar-powered motion sensor security floodlights.
Good quality construction and materials mark a highly reliable product. This light is made of high-quality toxin-free and heat-resistant ABS plastic. Moreover, the material has an IP65 waterproof rating so that the light can withstand just about any weather condition. The plastic panel over the LED bulbs is also resistant to yellowing over the months.
Unlike most of its competitors, this light has a large 2200 mAh rechargeable battery. It means that even if the light doesn’t get sun exposure for a few days, your property light will not have to withstand a night without security lights.
Similar to other floodlights, this product comes with a 3-head design. Therefore, the light is meant to distribute illumination at a long distance of about 26 feet at a wider 270o angle. Moreover, the wider surface area also allows the light to sense motion from a larger distance than others.
The ATUPEN Solar Outdoor Lights are the brightest lights on this list. With extra bright 210 LED bulbs, the overall product produces 2600 lumens of 6500k brightness. It also offers efficient heat dissipation allowing for better visibility in the lit area.
- Extremely easy to install even without professional help
- Only a single light is enough to cover a small- to medium- front gate
- Comes with three light security modes for you to choose from
- Wide-angle allows for better visibility, energy absorption, and motion detection
- Long-term and high-quality battery that can sustain for a few days without fully charging
- Extremely bright LED bulbs for maximum visibility
- The sensor works well but only for a limited area and angle because its position cannot be adjusted
7. Biling Solar Security Motion Sensor Lights
Large solar panels and batteries lead to longer battery longevity and security assurance on rainy days. If you live somewhere where the sun can be shy at times, do not consider anything other than the Biling Solar Security Motion Sensor Lights.
Sure, these lights are built like most of its competitors. However, the slight change in angle on the sides makes a huge difference. They make the light look more aesthetically pleasing and serve utility functions by increasing the light scattering distance.
Intelligent Light Modes
You can choose between the permanent on mode, motion-sensor triggered security mode or the smart light mode. The latter keeps the light on all night but makes it get brighter for 20 seconds on motion detection. You can even switch between modes according to battery consumption and charge.
With an IP65 waterproof rating and smart hear dissipation, these lights can withstand constant hear and rain with the same efficiency. The high-quality ABS plastic is completely weather-proof and will not deplete or yet yellow after months of usage.
These small lights are equipped with a 2200 mAh battery and a solar panel with 25% extra energy absorption power. Paired with the supreme weather resistance, you can use the light even in places with minimal sun exposure, such as backyards and patios.
- Good value for money product
- Maximum light scattering for better visibility angles
- Three different security light modes to choose from
- Massive battery for the small design
- Extremely bright 266 LED bulbs paired with five lighting surfaces allow maximum brightness
- The motion sensor can pick up minuscule movements even 1 foot away from the light, causing irrelevant alarms at times
8. Dimunt Wide Angle Solar Security Lights
Dimunt products are the epitome of high-quality and reliable products. The Dimunt Wide Angle Solar Security Lights are no exception to the company’s quality. With extra brightness and special features, this product is the right choice for anyone looking for premium security lights.
Powerful Solar Panel
Unlike most of its competitors, the Dimunt Wide Angle Solar Security Lights have a tempered glass monocrystalline silicon solar panel. Does your house does not get a lot of direct sunlight? Don’t worry; the 20.5% extra solar energy absorption will still allow the lights to get to full charge.
Sensitive Motion Detection
The motion detector incorporated in this solar-powered security light can pick up movement at a 120o angle from a distance of 26 feet. The built-in PIR motion sensor is carefully enhanced to be more sensitive and smarter.
Much like other security floodlights, this product has three heads. However, unlike most, all these heads are adjustable. Therefore, you can make each head focus in a different direction to achieve maximum visibility. You can also achieve wide-angle and long-distance illumination by setting all the heads in the same direction.
This light is equipped with multiple high-powered LED bulbs that together produce 800 lumens on each head. Therefore, the light can overall produce about 2400 lumens. That is some spectacular brightness ideal for guarding front doors for commercial buildings.
- The heavy-duty construction comes with an IP65 waterproof rating
- High-quality LED bulbs are meant to last for a long time
- Glass cover over the bulbs will never yellow
- High-quality solar panel with better energy absorption
- Extremely sensitive motion detector
- The glass surface can heat up quickly
9. Sunforce Solar Motion Light
Do you prefer your security light to be covered? But how will that work with a solar-powered light? Don’t worry; Sunforce has the right solution for you with their Solar Motion Light.
Sunforce Solar Motion Lights’s USP is its two-piece design. With a separate solar panel and light panel, you can place this light anywhere as long as the solar panel is connected and in bright sunlight. No more do you have to restrict your light’s position according to the solar panel attachment position.
Dual Power Option
Although sunlight is the right source for most solar-powered motion sensor security lights, its lack can be an issue on cloudy days. Therefore, the Sunforce Solar Motion Light is also compatible with batteries. Even if the solar panel gives away or doesn’t get to charge, your property will still be illuminated!
Ideal Motion Detection
This light packs a powerful motion detector that can sense motion from a distance of 30 feet and at an angle of 180o. Such a wide-angle is an undoubted upgrade from most competitors that only sense motion at 120o angles.
For such a small light to pack 80 LED lights is spectacular. These bulbs can together impart 900 lumens of light under the motion detection mode.
- Waterproof light
- Value for money product
- Amorphous solar panel
- Offers spectacular brightness for such a small product
- Wonderful motion sensing
- Does not run out of energy due to dual-energy sources
- You can adjust the hours when you want the light to detect motion
- The amorphous solar panel has to be connected to the light by a 15 ft wire
- Installation can become tricky due to the extra wiring
10. Aootek Solar Security Lights
Detect motion from a considerable distance and secure your house and office with a reliable motion sensor light. Check out the spectacular features offered by the Aootek Solar Security Lights to know if they’re the right match for your requirements.
Three Operational Light Modes
Much like any other quality motion sensor light, the Aootek Solar Security Lights come with three different light modes. You can choose to either have the light work when there’s motion or have it stay lit at all times. You can even choose a mix of both and get the light to stay lit but get brighter when it senses motion.
Sensitive Motion Detector
Do not worry about the light missing out on minuscule movements. This light comes equipped with a sensitive PIR motion inductor that senses motion at 120o from 26-feet away. However, it will not disturb you by lighting up due to flies and insects.
Efficient Solar Panel and Battery
This solar-powered light comes with a Monocrystalline silicone panel of 1.2W with about a 20.5% conversation rate. Paired with the 2200 mAh battery, this light will hardly ever run out of juice. The solar panel even has a PET lamination that offers maximum energy saving.
This solar-powered light is made of high-quality materials and enjoys an IP65 waterproof rating. Therefore, it can stand its own in just about weather conditions – be it heat or rain.
- Extremely effective solar panel
- Effective 2200 mAh battery
- Made of 48 high-quality LED lights that work at a 120o angle at a distance of 26 feet
- Choose between three different security light operational modes
- Built-in energy-saving design
- Slightly expensive in comparison to competitors and their features
Solar Motion Security Light Buying Guide
Did you think buying a solar-powered motion sensor security light was a straightforward job? We bet you think differently now that you’ve read our reviews.
Don’t worry; we’re not here to make things confusing for you! Were here to help with a handy buyer’s guide. We hope you consider all the right things and choose the perfect light that suits your requirements.
What are Solar Powered Motion Security Lights?
We’re sure you know what security lights are – light sources that you can install over your front gate or in your backyard to have visibility in the night. When we add the motion sensor feature to these things, they become energy-efficient and more alarming as they only light up when something moves near them.
By adding a simple solar panel to the mix, we get solar-powered motion security lights. These lights serve the same purpose as other motion security lights. The only difference is that they absorb and function on solar energy instead of electricity or batteries.
How Do Solar Powered Motion Security Lights Work?
A solar-powered motion security light is generally equipped with a solar panel on top of traditional light. Through internal wiring, this solar panel is attached to a battery attached to the LED bulbs.
When solar energy falls on the solar panel, the cells quickly convert that energy into electricity and store it in the battery.
The motion sensor in front of the light detects infrared waves that radiate from objects. Therefore, it will automatically turn on the light when it senses moving objects (moving heat waves).
Each motion sensor also comes with a timer. Therefore, the light will automatically switch off after a fixed time of no motion detection.
What Are the Benefits of Solar Powered Motion Security Lights?
The benefits of using solar-powered motion security lights are many. Some of them are listed below.
A motion security light will deter thieves and animals effectively from your property. A dark place is much simpler to rob than a lit place. Therefore, if anyone tried to enter your house and is welcomes by a bright light, they are likely to move away. Similarly, most animals run away from sudden light sources.
When the light gets triggered only by your approaching car, things become very convenient. Nighttime parking is made much simpler and safer by motion security lights. Moreover, even without you having to go outdoor, these lights can also help you know if someone is trespassing on your property.
Instead of utilizing non-renewable energy sources, solar-powered motion security lights work on renewable energy. Like other solar lights, they do not have any carbon footprint and are very planet-friendly.
The initial cost of buying a solar motion security light might not be too low. However, considering how expensive electricity is, these products end up saving you a lot of money in the long run. Moreover, it is not like you do not have a budget yet for a durable option in the market!
Yes, we know solar energy is renewable. However, who says we cannot save it anyway? Motion lights mostly only light up when there’s a need to illuminate its surroundings. Therefore, they are very energy efficient yet completely effective.
How to Maintain Solar Powered Motion Security Lights?
Most solar-powered motion security lights are extremely low-maintenance. However, you can always increase your purchase’s longevity with proper use and care. Here are a few things you can do to maintain your solar-powered motion security lights.
- Wipe the solar panel with a damp cloth every week
- Wipe the motion sensor with a damp cloth twice a week
- Use a soft-bristled brush to remove any debris from the panel in front of the LED bulbs
- Do not clean fixtures while they are hot
- Regularly check if the panel and sensor are working correctly by deliberately walking in front of the light at night.
Features to Look for in Solar Powered Security Lights
Competing companies always create products with similar features and utilities. However, there is a reason why some products stand out. That is because they might not have fancy features, but they serve their purpose well. But how will you know that about a light?
Consider the following things in the solar-powered motion security lights you have shortlisted to make the right purchase.
What use is an outdoor light of it cannot withstand hard weather conditions? Make sure that the light you choose to buy has at least an IP65 waterproof rating. The light should also be made of heat-resistant, corrosion-resistance, and heat-dissipating materials. Choosing a light that can withstand high wind and slight impact is the best way to go.
Motion Sensor Range
Most motion sensors can detect motion at a 120o angle from a distance of about 20 feet. It is the minimum that you should opt for. The better the sensor will be, the more the light will be effective, and the further it will sense motion.
The light you are considering should have an effective and powerful solar panel. Only the best light comes with monocrystalline silicon solar cells that are obviously better at absorbing solar energy. If the light has a good solar panel, it will get charged quicker and with less sunlight than others.
Good solar-powered motion security lights come with a 2000 mAh battery. Make sure that the product you’re planning to buy has good battery capacity. That is because if a light has a small battery, it might not even last you 4-6 hours a night, which is not enough.
A light’s brightness is determined in lumens, and by the number and quality of LED bulbs, it packs. The minimum brightness a security light should have is 700 lumens. This much light is faint but enough for slight visibility near the light. However, you can buy a light with brightness up to 2000 lumens or more, considering your coverage area and utility.
You should only buy a product that will stay with you for at least a year. After all, there is no point in buying a light that you will have to replace in no time. You can determine a product’s durability through its material quality and the warranty offered by the manufacturer.
There you have it; our reviews of the ten best solar-powered motion sensor security lights and a handy buyer’s guide.
We hope you’ll find the right match from this list. However, you can always search for other products on the internet as long as you consider the things we have mentioned before purchasing.
Now, what are you waiting for? Make your house more secure, energy-efficient, and budget-friendly now!